IMAGINE trading house concerts and performance opportunities with fellow SongFarmers. Now you can!
- WFPA Members only: a great idea exclusively for current WFPA SongFarmer members. Simply contact a fellow SongFarmer and politely suggest trading concerts, “I will host a house concert for you and in return you host one for me.”
- THIS IS BETWEEN you and your fellow SongFarmer, not the WFPA. We are simply providing guidelines.
- CONCERTS AND MORE, it could be as simple as , “I am in your area the day of your local Gathering, can I play a 15 minute set to your group that night?”
- HOW TO DO IT: contact the local Chapter or your fellow SongFarmer and make the suggestion. Be polite and if they decline, accept it and move on. Not everyone is in a position to help out.
- KEEP YOUR WORD: if a SongFarmer agrees to present you in their community, do the same if that is what you promised.
- A TRADE IS NOT ALWAYS NECESSARY. Maybe they think you’re awesome and want you to perform in their community, but they don’t want to travel. That’s ok as well!
- BE KIND. Don’t expect what is not offered.
- FINANCIALS. We strongly suggest you do everything in writing, even if it’s just an email. Confirmation is a good thing. “Hey Steve, I will be in Peoria for your kind house concert February 32nd as promised. Thank you for passing the hat, we will split the gate and any CD sales 90% artist and 10% house. And I accept your invitation to stay the night, I love a good couch!”
- WE STRONGLY SUGGEST that your concert swaps stay in the “original song-public domain-traditional songs” format. This way you can avoid any licensing hassles, especially if the audience will be ticketed, which can happen from time to time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: the SongFarmers Swap is a private arrangement between two responsible, current WFPA members. The WFPA does not claim any promotional or monetary promise or responsibilities. All successes and/or failures stay between the agreeing parties.]]>